Saturday, December 20, 2008

What I want for Christmas?

Hannah and David have been asking me what I want for Christmas - they are so sweet. Now that they are older, they want to make sure Gerda and I receive some presents under the tree. In our family, we do not go overboard and get caught up with the shopping frenzy - I did ask for a pair of comfortable slippers and a bow tie - never had one and so I thought it would be great to add to my collection of 'regular' ties. Yet the greatest gift is freely given - the birth of Jesus Christ as Savior and Him alone for the propitiation of our sin.

I came across this fascinating 'toy' BIGDOG - well actually it is not a toy but an advanced piece of technology. Look at how 'life like' the legs are, it evens gallops like a horse - excelling in various real-life situations. According to the company, it is the "most advanced quadrupled robot on earth" and it continues to receive funding from DARPA.



I can see many applications of this technology both in humanitarian and unfortunately in war-time scenarios. I hope the technology be used for good rather than for evil. As Genesis 50:20 says "As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result, to preserve many people alive".

1 comment:

  1. This is the most amazing piece of technology I have ever seen! - very impressed!

    ReplyDelete